Modern Slavery Act - Transparency Statement
The Modern Slavery Act consolidates slavery and trafficking offences and introduces tougher penalties and sentencing rules. It ensures that the main offences are subject to the toughest asset recovery regime under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and introduces bespoke slavery and trafficking compensation orders.
What do ForViva already do in terms of the Modern Slavery Act?
- We require new employees to produce original documentation of their right to work in the UK on commencement of employment
- We recognise 4 trade unions and support their involvement in respect of employee rights
- We do not operate zero hours contracts and comply with the national living wage requirements
What changes have we made?
- We have sought advice from the Company’s legal advisors
- We have incorporated amended contract clauses into all the Forms of Contracts
- Staff have been informed of the changes and instructed to ensure all updated documents are used
What changes will we make?
- Adapt existing policies to reference the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the Modern Slavery Transparency Statement