Specialist services for care facilities and vulnerable residents
When delivering services to the properties of vulnerable residents it is vital to ensure the process runs as smoothly and as quickly as possible.
That is why Linc-Cymru, a specialist in affordable housing, social care and health services in Wales, turned to Liberty in December 2013.
Linc-Cymru had already seen the service delivered by Liberty first-hand through the firm’s work with other clients in the area, and was so impressed it awarded a contract for gas maintenance and plumbing services across its 3,247 homes.
With Linc-Cymru established as one of the biggest care scheme providers in the region, Liberty was also appointed to deliver service & maintenance and commercial response services as well as responsibility for renewable energy elements within schemes.
The contract covered the care facilities themselves, but also the individual flats inside the buildings.
With a large number of homes and care schemes across Wales, a key challenge for Liberty was ensuring properties were visited within agreed timescales.
Liberty drew on its vast resources in the region and developed procurement processes to ensure access to suppliers and parts to meet and exceed targets.
We knew that Linc-Cymru has always strived to achieve the best from its staff and contractors to ensure a high standard of care for vulnerable residents. It was clear Liberty’s partnering ethos fitted with their way of thinking, and we have put processes in place to deliver a fast and effective service to their schemes.
- Delivering servicing and maintenance to care facilities that were home to vulnerable residents
- Providing specialist solutions across a large geographical area within tight timeframes to ensure a smooth and fast process for vulnerable residents
- Developing a partnership approach and working together to create processes to ensure fast and effective service delivery when working in people’s homes
- Drawing on Liberty’s resources in the region to ensure services were delivered quickly across a vast geographical area
- Introducing new procurement procedures to make sure staff and parts were available when needed
Results and Benefits
- 99% of all parts now available the following day
- Increased levels of first-time fix rates for minimal disruption to residents