Delivering high-quality adaptations for the disabled
Liberty Group worked closely with Melanie and Philip Hall in Salford, to completely redesign their property to meet the needs of their son Colby, who has autism and severe learning difficulties, and uses a wheelchair.
This included remodelling the downstairs layout and building an extension to the side of the property to create a ground floor bedroom, wet room and two new first floor bedrooms.
A large open plan kitchen diner was also created, along with the addition of a driveway and ramps at the front and rear of the property.
We are overwhelmed by the transformation that Liberty Group has made. This really is our dream home now.
- An entire internal and external remodelling of the property.
- Excavation work found the main rainwater drain was deeper than plans showed.
- A private tenant who would be affected lived next door.
- The family was assisted with moving to a suitable property.
- A specialist contractor was appointed to connect the rainwater drain.
- The adjoining neighbour informed on progress on a weekly basis and fence panels were replaced as a goodwill gesture.
The complex nature of this project meant working closely with the family to ensure that adaptations addressed their son’s needs and resulted in a property that was entirely fit for purpose.
The project also met client expectations, providing the works on time and on budget with added social value benefits.
Since 2013, Liberty Group has reduced major adaptations waiting lists from 500 days to 0 days, offering the most vulnerable customers an entirely responsive service.
The adaptations service has achieved a 100% customer satisfaction month-on-month.