Effective servicing and maintenance in rural areas
Carrying out gas servicing in rural communities can be challenging, but Liberty’s contract with South Kesteven District Council shows how continued success can be achieved through partnership working.
Liberty was appointed in 2014 to carry out the service and maintenance of the council’s gas, solid fuel, oil and renewable property portfolio along with residential commercial properties. The contract included both planned and reactive installations to both domestic and commercial properties.
The portfolio covers a large and often rural area, with a hugely diverse demographic. This meant Liberty would need to adapt its approach to meet different aspects of the contract.
Liberty’s approach included reconfiguring its IT systems to reduce travel between jobs, cut its carbon footprint and slashing response times. It has also retrained staff across different fuel types and recruited local apprentices.
The outcome has seen major improvements in first-time access to properties, compliance and resident relations.
Liberty prides itself on being able to adapt its approach to meet the needs of clients.
Most contractors find it difficult to deliver in rural communities, but by developing a close working relationship with the council and aligning our approach to meet the specific needs of the project we’ve achieved results that go above and beyond expectations.
- Delivering servicing and maintenance services across a large and rural area
- Delivering a contract that covered a range of different fuel types
- Adapting IT system to improve efficiencies and secure more first time access to homes
- Recruiting apprentices from the local community who have been developed to meet its unique needs
- Giving staff the opportunity to diversify across fuels
- Supporting a major review into accessing homes to identify further improvements
Results and Benefits
- Improved outcomes in first time access, compliance and customer satisfaction
- Supporting campaigns during Gas Safety Week and meeting with local residents to raise awareness
- Supporting local festivals and community activities