Good gas safety keeps families safe

(Posted: 17/09/2018)

Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Every year thousands of people are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning and it can kill.

Our staff are fully qualified and always ensure gas appliances are fitted well and serviced properly.

Liberate Academy, our new training and apprenticeships centre provides essential accredited training so that gas engineers can practice legally and will help upskill the next generation of gas engineers.

Each day of Gas Safety Week will have a different theme. Today’s theme is Family Matters.

The work Liberty’s operatives do every day keeps families safe in their homes. They are our everyday heroes, something we will be celebrating later this week.

So here are some top tips for everyone to help continue keeping families safe:

  • Get your gas appliances checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer every year. All Liberty engineers are Gas Safe registered
  • Check your engineer is Gas Safe registered and qualified for any type of work they need to do by checking their Gas Safe ID card
  • Look out for warning signs that your appliances aren’t working properly. For example, lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones or a pilot light that keeps going out
  • Be aware of the six main symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. These are headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness
  • Make sure you can hear your carbon monoxide alarm clearly
  • Visit www.staygassafe.co.uk for more top tips

If you have any stories of Liberty operatives being everyday heroes doing a great job to keep your home safe, get in touch to let us know by emailing communications@liberty-group.co.uk

Email to a friend

For more information on our services, call 0151 549 1910 or email us today