Liberty is passionate about delivering high quality new build housing developments with a strong commitment to providing value for money.
The Dixon Street development, 12 affordable rent homes in Salford, was constructed for social housing client City West Housing Trust. It consists of 6 two-bed houses and 6 three-bed houses. The scheme forms part of a wider £35 million development programme being delivering for City West.
"The new-build homes
Liberty Group delivered for us are of excellent quality and standard of finish. They achieved a high level of energy efficiency using modern methods of construction techniques, providing sustainable and affordable homes for our customers".
- HCA funding deadlines meant the scheme had to be complete within tight deadlines.
- The site is located in a residential area which would be affected by the works.
- The site had an excessive amount of peat which needed to be extracted.
- Consultation events were held with the local community to keep them informed on scheme progress and gain their feedback.
- A geotech membrane was fitted to stabilise the subsoil and negate the poor ground conditions.
- Liberty Group worked in close consultation with client City West Housing Trust, JDA Architects, and structural architects MDA and AJP.
- New build development is key for housing providers but in a challenging economic climate, we know they need someone who can deliver the best product as efficiently as possible with community benefits as an added extra to enhance their stock portfolio.
The homes have been built using structurally insulated panels meaning that the property will achieve extremely high quality thermal efficiency values as well as low air permeability rates.